This Open Dialogue was the second in the series of three Open Dialogues that are designed as preparatory meetings for the High-Level Conference of Middle-Income Countries entitled “Challenges for Sustainable Development and International Cooperation in Middle-Income Countries: the role of Networks for Prosperity”. The Open Dialogue on Inclusive Growth and Prosperity was convened on 15 April 2013 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York by the Government of Costa Rica and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization.
The Open Dialogue was chaired and moderated by Mr. George Assaf, Director and UNIDO Representative to the United Nations and included the following speakers:
- H.E. Mr. Eduardo Ulibarri, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Costa Rica to the United Nations
- H.E. Mr. Nestor Osorio Londoño, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Colombia to the United Nations, President of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- Mr. Selim Jahan, Director, Poverty Practice Group, Bureau for Development Policy, UNDP
- Ms. Paloma Duran, Senior Advisor, MDG Achievement Fund, UNDP
- Mr. Richard Morgan, Senior Advisor for the Post-2015 Development Agenda, UNICEF
- Mr. Cormac O’ Reilly, Strategic Planning Officer, UNIDO